Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Contrasting colors!

Tradition wants me to say I never win anything but that'd be lying. I won a Nintendo Wii two years ago thanks to my outstanding virtual skiing abilities and the fact that I ALREADY had a Wii at home, hence the outstanding abilities. Now I have two video game consoles I barely use unless I want to weigh my cat! Woot!

Anyway, I was very happy this morning when I received a convo from Leelabijoux telling me I was the lucky winner of the Europeanstreetteam challenge. I had been wanting to make a purple/yellow bracelet for a while and this week's theme "contrasting colors" gave me the opportunity to do so:


This is an alpha bracelet pattern, which means (if you are familiar with friendship bracelet making) the knots are tied horizontally instead of diagonally. It also means it takes longer. A LOT longer. I almost didn't make it on time for the challenge's deadline, 9th May!

It was definitely worth the time invested, though. The first alpha bracelet I made was a bit weird, all stretched out but this one came out perfect.

I will be hosting the next Europeanstreetteam challenge and will announce the theme next Monday!

Have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Hello.

    I'd love to make this bracelet, is there any way you could send me the pattern?

    My email is "flienire" at gmail.

    Thank you.
    Flienire.

    ReplyDelete